When you call 1-800-ATTORNEY (1-800-288-6763), you’ll be connected with an attorney in your area who’s familiar with the laws in your state, who’s willing to listen to your concerns, and who can explain the options available to you moving forward. Calls are answered 24 hours a day!
Where can I get a legal question answered for free?
ABA Free Legal Answers is a website on which you can submit your questions about civil (non-criminal) legal issues and receive answers from pro bono lawyers in your state. It’s EASY. Legal questions are submitted online – all you need is an internet connection. It’s CONVENIENT.
What do you call free lawyers?
What is a pro bono program? Pro bono programs help low-income people find volunteer lawyers who are willing to handle their cases for free. These programs usually are sponsored by state or local bar associations.
Does it cost money to talk to a lawyer?
When clients ask, “how much does a lawyer cost,” the answer can vary from $50 to $1000 or more per hour. But if you’re facing a legal issue, working with a lawyer is very helpful and can affect the outcome of the case. Before hiring a lawyer, you should talk to him or her about fee schedules, flat-rate vs.
How do you ask a lawyer for help?
How to Ask Another Attorney for Help
- Step 1: Know What You Need To Ask. It is best to determine how much help you need before picking up the phone. …
- Step 2: Be Respectful of Their Time and Schedule.
- Step 3: Respect Their Advice. If you are asking for advice, it is likely you are unsure of your client, the case, and procedural status.
Can I ask a lawyer questions for free?
Ask A Lawyer is a free offering on Lawyers.com where consumers can ask legal questions and seek answers from our extensive network of attorneys. … Attorneys can spend as little or as much time as they want answering Ask A Lawyer questions. There is no commitment to a set number of questions to be answered.
Can I get a lawyer without money?
There are legal aid offices in many cities throughout California. Legal aid agencies are non-profit organizations that provide free legal services to people below a certain income level. … But if you need a lawyer and cannot afford one, it is always a good idea to try to get help from a legal aid agency in your area.
Can’t afford a lawyer what do I do?
Here’s how to find legal help if you can’t afford a lawyer:
- Contact the city courthouse.
- Seek free lawyer consultations.
- Look to legal aid societies.
- Visit a law school.
- Contact your county or state bar association.
- Go to small claims court.
How do lawyers get cases dismissed?
An order to dismiss a case can occur when the appellate court, having reversed the conviction on the grounds of a bad search or arrest, examines what’s left of the case and determines that there is not enough evidence to warrant another trial.
What is it called when a lawyer only gets paid if he wins?
What is a Contingency Fee? The primary contingency fee definition is a fee arrangement that allows you to avoid out-of-pocket costs entirely. It is a percentage of the settlement that you receive if you win your case. That’s right; your lawyer only gets paid if you win.
How much does it cost to ask a lawyer?
Make sure you feel comfortable with the way they charge. As with ‘fixed fees’, ask if there are any other costs that won’t be covered in the hourly rate. Top Tip: Don’t just ask how much the hourly rate is. Ask for an estimate of how many hours it will take and what’s included.
How much are lawyers per hour?
Attorney’s hourly fees range between $100 and $400 depending on their experience and the type of case. Attorneys in small towns or lawyers in training cost $100 to $200 per hour, while experienced lawyers in metropolitan areas charge $200 to $400 hourly.
How many hours do lawyers work on a case?
So that averages out to about one working day, 8 to 10 hours, per case, but there’s no way to know whether a case will be settled out of court in three or four hours or will take two weeks of courtroom time.
What should you not say to a lawyer?
Five things not to say to a lawyer (if you want them to take you seriously)
- “The Judge is biased against me” Is it possible that the Judge is “biased” against you? …
- “Everyone is out to get me” …
- “It’s the principle that counts” …
- “I don’t have the money to pay you” …
- Waiting until after the fact.
What questions do lawyers ask their clients?
What Questions do Lawyers Ask Their Clients?
- What is your case about? A lawyer will want to know every single detail of your case. …
- What do you hope to accomplish? Your lawyer needs to know the results you desire at the end of the suit. …
- How do you want us to communicate? …
- Why did you choose me? …
- Are you comfortable with my rates?
How do I convince my lawyer to take my case?
10 Critical Steps to Get a Lawyer to Take Your Case
- Always Use Personal Communication Methods to Contact a Legal Professional. …
- Know When to Call. …
- If You Were Terminated, Obtain Your Personnel File Ahead of Time. …
- Know your Company’s Policies on Discrimination & Harassment.