Ask A Lawyer is a free offering on Lawyers.com where consumers can ask legal questions and seek answers from our extensive network of attorneys. For attorneys, it is an effective marketing tool linking you to prospective clients who may be in need of legal counsel.
How do you ask a lawyer a question?
Below are ten questions to ask your potential lawyer.
- How long have you practiced law? …
- What type of cases do you generally handle? …
- Who is your typical client? …
- How many cases have you represented that were similar to mine?
Can I ask a lawyer questions online?
We have your answer! ABA Free Legal Answers is a website on which you can submit your questions about civil (non-criminal) legal issues and receive answers from pro bono lawyers in your state. It’s EASY. Legal questions are submitted online – all you need is an internet connection.
How much does it cost to ask a lawyer a question?
When clients ask, “how much does a lawyer cost,” the answer can vary from $50 to $1000 or more per hour. But if you’re facing a legal issue, working with a lawyer is very helpful and can affect the outcome of the case.
How do you ask a lawyer for help?
How to Ask Another Attorney for Help
- Step 1: Know What You Need To Ask. It is best to determine how much help you need before picking up the phone. …
- Step 2: Be Respectful of Their Time and Schedule.
- Step 3: Respect Their Advice. If you are asking for advice, it is likely you are unsure of your client, the case, and procedural status.
What is a free lawyer called?
What is a pro bono program? Pro bono programs help low-income people find volunteer lawyers who are willing to handle their cases for free. These programs usually are sponsored by state or local bar associations.
How can I get a lawyer if I don’t have money?
Here’s how to find legal help if you can’t afford a lawyer:
- Contact the city courthouse.
- Seek free lawyer consultations.
- Look to legal aid societies.
- Visit a law school.
- Contact your county or state bar association.
- Go to small claims court.
Is Rocket Lawyer really free?
You get free access to all of Rocket Lawyer’s documents. This means you can make as many contracts and forms as you like, and sign and store documents online. You also get quick answers on legal questions from experienced attorneys.
Which type of lawyer do I need?
In general, there are broader fields of law such as family law or estate planning, and subsections that fall under them like divorce or forming a trust. It’s up to you how specialized you want your lawyer to be, but your lawyer should have experience in the matter you’re trying to resolve.
Does it cost money to sue?
As to the cost of taking someone to small claims court, you’ll generally pay a filing fee of less than $100 that is recoverable if you win. Meanwhile, each state will cap the amount you are allowed to sue for. It typically ranges anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000, according to LegalZoom.
Do you have to pay to talk to a lawyer?
Meet with the attorney.
Many lawyers will not quote a fee until they’ve met with you and had a chance to assess the case. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with the lawyer, trust him and are comfortable with his fee. Otherwise you should probably keep looking.
How much are lawyers per hour?
Attorney’s hourly fees range between $100 and $400 depending on their experience and the type of case. Attorneys in small towns or lawyers in training cost $100 to $200 per hour, while experienced lawyers in metropolitan areas charge $200 to $400 hourly.
What should you not say to a lawyer?
Five things not to say to a lawyer (if you want them to take you seriously)
- “The Judge is biased against me” Is it possible that the Judge is “biased” against you? …
- “Everyone is out to get me” …
- “It’s the principle that counts” …
- “I don’t have the money to pay you” …
- Waiting until after the fact.
How can I talk to a lawyer for free?
When you call 1-800-ATTORNEY (1-800-288-6763), you’ll be connected with an attorney in your area who’s familiar with the laws in your state, who’s willing to listen to your concerns, and who can explain the options available to you moving forward. Calls are answered 24 hours a day!
What questions should I ask my lawyer about my case?
10 things to ask your lawyer in a case review
- Have you handled this type of case before? …
- What is the best method for contacting you? …
- Who will be handling my case? …
- To whom may I speak with about my case? …
- What are your fees? …
- Are there other fees for which I will be held responsible? …
- What steps do I need to take after the retainer agreement has been signed?