An early career Attorney / Lawyer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R205,133 based on 621 salaries. A mid-career Attorney / Lawyer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R332,199 based on 234 salaries.
How much do lawyers earn in South Africa per month?
Depending on which firm you get accepted into, the starting salaries can range from as low as R5000 per month to as high as R25 000 per month.
What type of lawyer makes the most money in South Africa?
Top earners include General Counsel (GC) and partners, both of which can expect to take home R5 million a year at the high-end of market. At the other end of the scale, candidate attorneys can expect to earn between R250,000 and R300,000 a year at top law firms.
How much money do you make when your a lawyer?
The national average annual wage of an lawyer is $144,230, according to the BLS, which is not far from being three-times the average annual salary for all occupations, $51,960.
Is law a good career in South Africa?
Choosing law as a career can be rewarding and exciting but it also requires hard work, dedication and a high level of commitment. The legal industry in South Africa is exceptionally competitive and there are many different career paths to choose from.
What type of lawyer is highest paid?
Here Are The 5 Types Of Lawyers That Make The Most Money
- Medical Lawyers – $150,881 annually.
- IP Attorneys – $140,972 annually. …
- Trial Attorneys – $101,086. …
- Tax Attorneys – $99,690 annually. …
- Corporate Lawyer – $98,822 annually. …
Which lawyers earn the most?
Some of the areas of law that have the highest average earnings include:
- Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Lawyers. …
- Corporate Lawyers. …
- Bankruptcy Lawyers, Immigration Attorneys, and Probate Lawyers. …
- IP and Patent Lawyers. …
- Criminal Defense Lawyers.
How much do lawyers charge per hour in South Africa?
21.72% answered that they charged between R1000 and R1500 per hour, 39.70% charged between R1500 and R2000 per hour and 11.24% saying they charged more than R2000.
Which university in South Africa is best for law?
- University of South Africa (UNISA) – College of Law. …
- University of KwaZulu-Natal – Howard College Campus. …
- Stellenbosch University – Faculty of Law. …
- University of Cape Town (UCT) – The School for Advanced Legal Studies. …
- University of Pretoria. …
- University of Western Cape.
How much do teachers earn in South Africa per month?
The average salary for a Teacher is R 12 576 per month in South Africa.
Which country pays lawyers the most?
Top 10 Countries with the Highest Paid Salaries for Lawyers
- United States of America. Average American Lawyer’s Salary: £166,510.23.
- Switzerland. Average Swiss Lawyer’s Salary: £153,075.54.
- Hong Kong. Average Hong Kong Lawyer’s Salary: £143,102.60.
- South Africa. Average South African Lawyer’s Salary: £140,332.44.
- Japan. …
- France. …
- Australia. …
How much does a beginner lawyer make?
In 2016, the median lawyer’s salary was $118,160 per year, which means that half of all attorneys earned more than this amount. The lowest 10 percent earned $56,910 annually. Realistically, you would expect a junior lawyer’s salary to fall around that lower figure.
Do lawyers get paid well?
A: The median salary of a lawyer is approximately $10,076 a month, which amounts to $120,910 a year. Q: Do lawyers who own private practices or partners in law firms have a higher salary? A: Lawyers working in law firms generally earn more than those who own private practices.
Is law hard to study?
Studying law is as hard as you make it. … The atomic unit of law school reading assignments is to read one case. Cases have a certain basic structure: there are some facts, there is an abstract statement of the law, then there is an application of that abstract law to the facts, to reach an ultimate result.
Is there a demand for lawyers in South Africa?
The deputy minister said the number of unemployed graduates in South Africa was at risk of increasing due to wrong career choices. … There is a demand for artisans in SA, but there is no demand for lawyers.
What job can you do with a diploma in law in South Africa?
Possible job titles related to law
- Administrative lawyer.
- Case manager.
- Commercial rights manager.
- Compliance officer.
- Compliance specialist.